Friday, August 13, 2010

Revenge

Have you ever typed the words "inspirational quotes" into google and clicked search? 'cause i do it all the time. I have hundreds of favorite quotes and I love them all equally. Today i was searching google for a good quote to use in a presentation i have coming up, and i found this one:



"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" -ghandi



I fell in love with this quote right away, because i have always been a firm believer in NOT seeking revenge. What good does it do? If someone stabs you in the back, stabbing them in the back just makes you look bad- and you get blood on your hands. There have been countless times when my friends have done things to hurt my feelings. (As a reader you are probably thinking "this is just like me" right at this moment. That's because it's part of life and happens to everyone) The trick with this is knowing the right way to respond. Next time someone makes you angry and you think "how can i make them feel my pain" remember ghandi's words, and remember two wrongs don't make a right.


No comments:

Post a Comment